Sunday, March 28, 2010

sea creatures made by guest artists for wall of 1000 fish


This is the octopus made by Pam Jackson. It is made using blue slip in a piping bag. Lost one of its legs in a grouting storm.



This is marias boxing fish, that did fall apart a bit so I glued it onto a tile with glaze.




This is the lone mermaid, made by me years ago. She was on the wall by herself, that's why she was a lone mermaid. Now she is on the wall with 1000 fish and is still a lone mermaid because she is the only one. I really like this mermaid. It is bisque fired terracotta with coloured slips.
She is still the centre of attention, but could get eaten at any minute.



Yusef and Ben made these fish. They used that bright red underglaze that Pam bought for me once. They are sort of matching in colour. I like them because they are swimming together and they remind us of a long friendship between these two boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment