Sunday, March 28, 2010

fish by guest artists on the wall of the 1000 fish


This fish is by Coral Kaider, who made many fish, singing to us while she made them.


This fish was made by Helen. She used the slip trailing method with white and blue slips and the technique of feathering.


This fish is by Sharon Page. She was particular about the way she glazed it. You see she has made this effect by putting the glaze on and then wiping it off, so that it is only in the recesses. Sharon, I grouted over your fish today and it was difficult getting the grout out of the eye, but I knew that since there was a beautiful glaze inside, I had better dig it out and reveal your handiwork.


I think that Kathy made this fish. It is swimming in the thick of things as you can see. Above it you can see the signature beach houses of Lea Hess.


This is Helen's fish. Again pay attention to the details, because she always takes care to. If you are ever in my bathroom hallway, there is a lovely landscape of little houses with trees and birds hanging on the wall by Helen Littlejohn. Another example of detailed work.

1 comment:

  1. I love the wall of a thousand fishes! I too have a wall of sea creatures, a slow work in progress. Maybe i should get friends in to help and actually finish it!

    ReplyDelete